2 Top Voted Haunted houses at 1 Location!
OPEN OCTOBER 2015
#1 Haunted House in Illinois
"Top 25 Haunts in America! (#1 Illinois)"
- Hauntworld Magazine
"#1 Haunted Attraction!"
(includes entrance to Basement of the Dead and Shattered 3D)
(Front of the Line Access to both haunts)
See DISCOUNT page on website for $2 off on selected nights
OPEN ON THE DAYS IN COLOR
NEW THIS YEAR! WORLD’S FIRST AND ONLY 3D FLASHLIGHT HAUNT!
Shattered, the smashing clown, lost all sense of being human the day his famous sledgehammer trick malfunctioned, killing his wife and partner. He knew it had to have been the roadies fault for setting up the trick incorrectly or the pressure he felt from the crowd to do one more stupid trick! The hate and pain devoured his soul. Evil was all that remained. He went through the crowd like a hammer goes through a skull. When his rampage was over, 30 audience members and 15 workers found their final resting places in a puddle of their own blood. That was the last night Shattered the smashing clown was ever seen.
Rumor has it that the clown took refuge down in the darkest depths of an old building at 42 W. New York St. The locals call the building the Basement of the Dead. The story goes on to say that Shattered spent his time in exile praying to demons and learning to spread his evil across dimensions. His vivid nightmares are now becoming part of his resurrected circus. The rumor also says that all the souls he took that night followed him down there. They are keeping the smashing clown company.
Now, the circus tent is reopened! Can you hear the pipe organ in the distance? Shattered the smashing clown is longing to make you scream again. The show must go on! Come see SHATTERED Circus, The World’s Best 3D Nightmare.”
BIGGER, BETTER, SCARIER in 2015. YOU WILL NOT RECOGNIZE IT FROM LAST YEAR!
In the late 1920’s, Walker Laundry opened at 42 West New York St. and became Aurora’s largest laundry Company.
Around 1945 Imus Kilya was working there as maintenance engineer. His son Al came to work as his assistant in 1960.
Heat for the building and steam for the presses was supplied by a coal fired boiler installed when the building was built. Al and Imus continually complained that it needed to be replaced, but management wouldn’t spend the money.
In 1964 the boiler exploded maiming and scalding Al and Imus. They never returned to work and rumor was they had vowed to get even.
Under the streets and building were sewer lines and tunnels well known to Al and Imus. A year or so after the explosion people from the laundry started to disappear and body parts were found in the river near the drainage pipes. Al and Imus were suspected but never found. The laundry eventually closed and the basement was never used again. Businesses have come and gone but nobody stays. Basement Of The Dead is proof that Al & Imus still exist and have made this basement their home.. The mutilation and horror you will witness is so shocking, you'll wish you never entered.
SO COME WALK THE BASEMENT OF AL & IMUS KILYA. IF YOU’VE GOT THE GUTS!
Basement of the Dead is located at:
42 West New York Street, Aurora, IL
Click here for Google maps Directions
All parking meters free after 5:00PM, Weekends and Holidays . Parking available at casino parking garage on Galena for $4.00 - Valet parking @ parking garage directly across from casino on New York St. is $5.00. If you are 21 or older you can visit casino and ask for Players Card and parking will be free at Galena parking garage. This parking facility is right next to NIGHTMARES! There is a parking lot on the North West corner of New York St. and River St. that is also free after 5:00 PM.
Do not park in any posted parking lots or you will be towed and charged $125.00. BE CAREFULL!
We are only 35 miles West of Chicago and easy to get to from I88 or I55 and every road in between.
Click here to vew our Live Feed !
Freqeuntly Asked Questions
Q. When is Basement of the Dead/Shattered 3D open, how much does it cost, and how do I get there?
A. See website for complete details
Q. What is the best time to arrive?
A. A little before or as close to our 7:00pm start time as possible.
Q. Where do you park and how much is it?
A. Parking is $4 at the Hollywood Casino Parking lot (FREE if you have a Hollywood Casino card). Additional parking is available within 1 block.
Q. Is it scary?
A. Basement of the Dead/Shattered 3D is one of the top rated haunted attractions in the Midwest. The Attractions will be sure to cover all of your worst nightmares and you will scream!
Q. But is it really scary?
A. Let’s face it, you play a role in how scared you get. If you come to have a good time and enjoy yourself, the more you’ll enjoy our haunt (or anything else for that matter). We provide the most terrifying haunted attraction in Illinois with a great variety of scares. We have had people, including many adults, that left through emergency exits and refused to finish and others who run through screaming and laughing the whole way through. After all, that’s what we are here for…scaring people while having fun!
Q. Is Basement of the Dead/Shattered 3D open in INCLEMENT WEATHER?
A. Rain or Shine we will be open. Basement of the Dead/Shattered 3D is located in a large basement. During extreme Rain storms we will still be OPEN and covered waiting will be provided.
Q. Does Basement of the Dead/Shattered 3D have Security?
A. Yes, the attraction area is patrolled by uniformed & plain clothed Security. We have a Zero Tolerance rate for trouble makers. Trouble Makers will be ejected without refund. We want everyone to have a safe and fun time!
Q. Food? Is there someplace to buy food?
A. Yes. A cocession stand with a wide variety of food and drinks is available!
Q. Are there things I am NOT ALLOWED to bring to Basement of the Dead?
A. Yes. No Pets, no costumes unless cleared with us first, no Masks, no outside food or drink of any kind, no weapons of any kind.
Q. Will the monsters touch me?
A. Our monsters are not allowed to touch you. Of course, in the darker areas, something may accidentally bump into you but our monsters will never grab you. Sometimes you may be grabbed by someone in your group who is too scared or trying to scare you even more!
Q. Can I bring my kids?
A. Yes! It is up to the parent’s discretion to decide if the child can attend. You know your child best. Some aspects of our haunted house are extremely intense so we recommend children 13 years or older but this is up to you. We do NOT offer children’s prices. You will NOT be allowed to carry any child while inside of the attraction for both your safety and the child’s.
Q. Is there a discount for children?
A. No. Our shows are designed to be equally terrifying for children and adults so there is no difference in price.
Q. Do you give group discounts?
A. Yes! Group discounts are available for groups of 15 or more when arrangements are made in Advance and Prepaid. Please call 630-896-2466 for details.
Q. How can I get more information?
A. If you have a question that was not answered here, Contact Us at 630-896-2466 and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
- Reviewed by: blaze464 - Rated 10 out of 10 - Overall this was probably the best haunted house I have ever been through! I went last year and this year was way better!! I especially liked the two spinning tunnel rooms and the fog light that led up to another room!! it made it feel like i was entering the twighlt zone! they definately put some time, thought and effort into it!! i will probably go again this year and definitely recommened to ALL my friends!!! Thank you to all the actors for putting on an amazing and fantastic show...!!!!!!!
- Reviewed by: Jan498 - Rated 10 out of 10 - If you truly want a great time and the scare of your life, you must experience Basement of the Dead. I have been through a couple of times, that is how much I love this place. The scenes are scary and the actors with their scary and ghoulish costumes really are the best. The special effects make you keep wondering what you will see and feel around every dark corner. From getting your tickets to walking out the exit door, there is nothing disappointing about Basement of the Dead. A must see!
- Reviewed by: KKraynak - Rated 10 out of 10 - To me, this haunted house is by far the best around for location and price. Other than some other haunted houses, this one is REALLY dark inside which I really feel adds to the intensity of the scares. Not only are the characters there great, but the rooms and hallways are also excellent. There were a variety of "obstacles" to go through in the house that also added to the scare- such as the inflatable walls to walk through and the body parts hanging from the ceilings. You could really tell how passionate the characters were about their roles. I attend this haunted house each year and each year it seems to get better! Although we didn't have to wait in line when we were there, it would have been worth every minute of us waiting if we had waited in line.
- Reviewed by: babyripken - Rated 10 out of 10 - So far, this is one of the scariest houses I have been to this year. Throughout the house, it is very twisting and turning getting to the rooms, and once you get to the rooms, the actors were very convincing and popped out throughout the room. Also the whole house is very dark, and the loud music disorients you to the point that you get very confused going through the maze-like aspect of the house. This house is very good as going in to a dark area, and having something loud and bright coming at you, and it is very startling. The end is a pitch black maze, that actors like popping out at you with flashlights, scaring you very well.
- Reviewed by: Dioxide - Rated 10 out of 10 - Overall this haunt is awesome I'd say my favorite I have been to because it is just so unique and the real scary stuff that I think haunts should be. What I mean by this is it seems like everybody is going with gore instead of real scary dark uncomfortable feeling that make people quiver. From the outside entertainment to the house itself the location beginning to end I was nothing but impressed. I would recommend this haunt to anyone that would ever be interested in going to a haunt. Awesome job guys can't wait until next year.